Sunday, July 02, 2006

Katherine Thompson

After four years of debate, I am very excited to be a staff member at the excellent Mean Green Lincoln Douglas Workshop. As a debater, I competed for the Greenhill School in Addison, Texas. My senior year, I won the Grapevine Classic and qualified to the Tournament of Champions within the first two tournaments of the year. Although I have enjoyed competitive success both locally and nationally, I believe that debate is more than a contest. Debate is an activity that teaches research skills, critical thinking, public speaking and numerous other valuable lessons. I believe that debate is the most worthwhile activity a student can be involved in. Therefore, I am looking forward to sharing my enthusiasm with the Mean Green Workshop participants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home